Friday, May 01, 2009

Bike Flat & Stand Up

Stand Up Vanessa

I went to see my friend Vanessa do stand-up at Zanies. She had two sets that night and I had an obstacle in getting to the earlier one. As I was trying to get the bike tire pump hose off of the nozzle, I wiggled the nozzle too far to one side and the tire tube ruptured at the nozzle. So I chose to go to the later set and get my bike tire fixed.

I did learn how to do this last year but I haven't bought any of the needed tools for this nor have I bought any extra tubes to store at my place just in case. Perhaps I will soon.

Vanessa went second out of three in the show I saw. The guy that went first was a guy I saw open for Maria Bamford awhile back. I liked him more this time than I did the other time. As for Vanessa, I liked her set and I thought she handled the crowd pretty well. The crowd was really antsy and prone to not pay attention for whatever reason. Perhaps it was because this was the night the Bulls won a game in triple overtime? Maybe, but if they were just big basketball fans, they wouldn't have been at a comedy club during the game. Anyway, I was glad to have finally seen her do stand-up. It's a tough thing to do.

No comments: