Wednesday, January 10, 2007

It's Great - to be - a Flooorida Gator!

The Gator football team stunned everyone including myself by kicking Ohio State's ass in the BCS Championship Bowl game. 41-14! That's crazy. Right before the game I got a text message from my roomie Tara who was talkin' shit. She wanted me to update her about the game since she would be busy with SC stuff. She didn't go to Ohio State but grew up around it. Here are my texts:

7:35 pm - Os td on opening kick off
7:43 pm - Uf td, tied 7-7
8:02 pm - Uf td. 14-7 uf
8:26 pm - Uf int. 8 plays ltr, 1stQ ends. 1st play of 2ndQ, uf td. 21-7
8:29 pm - Os firedup, rolls over ufD. Os td 21-14
8:57 pm - Uf fg! 24-14
9:08 pm - Another uf fg! 27-14
9:14 pm - Os fumble, 3 plays ltr, uf td! 34-14
9:17 pm - Halftime. 34-14
10:20 pm - 3rdQ ends, no scores. Still 34-14
10:40 pm - Uf td, 41-14. Time left: 10:20
10:59 pm - It's over. 41-14. Wow.

At 10:06 pm Tara sent me a text: Holy. This game is insane.

It truly was insane.

-------

This past weekend RHS had a really good show on Friday. Gracer was there to play with us which was great. We had one scene that turned into a group game where Bill sang an "I'm Sorry" song and the rest of us did this really odd dance like thing. It was freaking amazing and I loved being a part of it.

I got to see Levin and Taylor and Bryan too that weekend. Their 25th Century Heros show was neat and probably the most political sketch show I've seen in a long time. Great satire with bears in the place of terrorists. I got to see Sketchcore do a shortened verion of "Deep Inside Your Box" and it was great. The audience loved it and Nina Metz from the Tribune called Sketchcore the "Best Sketch group of the future." Their show was sold out as well and for a minute there I didn't think I'd be able to get a seat but was able to borrow Dunbar's pass.

Sunday was a nice lazy day and I spent it watching NFL football with Levin and Terry.

Best Buy tells me that my memory stick is on it's way to me. I'm supposed to get it tomorrow. I can't wait. Then I'll be able to fool around with my new camera. Yay!

I still have yet to use my Macy's gift card. Apple released at their conference the iPhone and it looks neat but the touchscreen will be the make-or-break thing about it I feel.

1 comment:

tara d. said...

that game sucked a d.

thank you for updating me!!

p.s., guess what just got here? your mem card! UPS, y'all.