Friday, July 27, 2007

Careful Not to Burn Out

When I got back from my vacation, I had a bunch of things to do each night for 8 straight days.

7/5 10:30pm Skeleton Attack show
7/6 10pm Pennybear sketch show as part of Graffiti
7/7 10:30pm Rattlesnake High School show
7/8 9pm Skeleton Attack rehearsal
7/9 7pm first ComedySportz newbie rehearsal
7/10 7:30pm first ComedySportz rehearsal with the rest of the ensemble
7/11 7pm ComedySportz newbie rehearsal
7/12 8pm Rattlesnake show

I wanted to celebrate this long stretch with two nice days of listening to bands at the Pitchfork Music Festival but this was not to be. I'm not sure if I already wrote about this, but my bike has a flat tire. Instead of a quick release system for the wheels, I got safety locks put on the wheels so that you have to have a key to get the wheels off. I've misplaced the key in my room so my bike is still out of commission. This limited my mobility in getting to and from the festival. I went there on Saturday but only for a few hours and I was too busy Sunday to go.

Because my nights are taken up with these newbie rehearsals for ComedySportz, I've had to cut back on one of the sketch groups I was in. Perhaps when I'm done with the newbie training I'll have more time to devote to it. Maybe not; I'm not sure. I'm trying to be careful not to burn out.

No comments: