Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Skeleton Attack no more

A week ago today was Skeleton Attack's last show. It was a so-so show but the packed audience was about 75% friends of Skeleton Attack. When they came out for their suggestion, they had to wait a full 20 seconds to get it because the audience was clapping and cheering so much. And then at the end of their so-so show, the audience gave them a standing ovation. It was great to see people really liked and respected them as a team. The Harold Commission didn't. And it's hard to hate the commission since I know the people on it and I'm friends with a couple of the people on it. When the next schedule was released, only 2 Skeleton Attackers found themselves still on the schedule. This is a shame because those that got cut I feel have slipped through the cracks.

I feel like I no longer really understand what iO wants from its performers. I'm actually glad that I have this CSz newbie training to take me away from iO for a few weeks. Perhaps having been away from the theater for a few weeks will prove refreshing for me once I go back. I haven't been in a Rattlesnake rehearsal for 6 weeks and I'm back this Thursday. I'm looking forward to it. It will also be the first rehearsal for our new sit-in.

No comments: