Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Celebrating 7 Years of Serving Chicago

Seven years ago yesterday I moved to Chicago from Florida. I celebrated it by going to work and then watching TV at home. I also went to Home Depot with my roommate Tim get get fluorescent bulbs and a few other things for the apartment. Once back home we changed the old fluorescent bulbs in the hallway and the common area bathroom.

~~~~

I brought my bike to the bike shop Sunday after finally throwing in the towel in trying to find my missing key to my bike's wheels. So I'm having an entirely new wheel lock system put in. This time I'll actually register the key with the wheel lock company so that I don't have to go through this again. I have learned a valuable lesson. Thankfully doing this won't be too expensive.

But... I'm excited because that means after work today I get my bike back and then I can ride around Chicago again! Freedom! It really feels like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

~~~~

This week I've been reminded just how busy I actually am and how it makes finding an open night for scheduling a date with a lady super hard. Especially when one weekend she's out of town and then next weekend I've got a wedding and the opening of a sketch show. This latest Onion girl seems great... now if we could only actually meet. Someday... someday this will all get easier.

No comments: