Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sleepy Time

After I got home from work last night, I only had enough energy to watch Sunday's episode of Dexter (On Demand!) and eat a bowl of oatmeal. An hour later I was super tired and I had a headache. I decided to do what I haven't done in months: go to bed early.

I went to bed at 8pm! I didn't fall asleep right away but eventually I did. I woke up in the dark and still felt exhausted. But I felt like I slept a long time. It must be around 3am, right?

I look around and see some light is getting into my room from the kitchen area. I get up and look and I see that the light is actually a light that's been left on in the living room. I will turn it off, but not before I relieve my bladder. That's when I hear the front door being wrestled with. Panic mode starts in and I freeze in the bathroom. All of my attention goes to my ears, searching out for more noise. That's when I hear one of my roommates walk into the apartment. But at 3am?

I go to my night stand alarm clock to check the time. It has a wash cloth draped over it because I don't like how bright the time shines in the pitch black of my room. I uncover the alarm clock and find out that I was mistaken: it's 10:45pm. I only got a 2 and a half hour nap.

Luckily this nap didn't prevent me from falling asleep and getting a proper night's sleep. I went back to bed at 11pm and this time slept soundly until my alarm clock woke me up this morning.

No comments: