Sunday, October 11, 2009

Busy Weekend

Bionic Legs Chicago Marathon

This weekend was a busy weekend. I had shows Friday and Saturday night. Then on Sunday morning I got up early to watch the Chicago Marathon. Andre and Jessica were running it and a bunch of fellow CSzers walked over to Belmont and Broadway to watch the runners go by. First to go by were the guys in wheelchairs that zipped by super fast. Then came the super fast men runners. Soon afterwards the guy above came running by on his metal legs. About 10 minutes later the lead women's group came by. Then about 15 minutes later the road reached it's peak for the amount of marathoners. Eventually we got to see Andre and Jess run by.

It was colder than we were expecting that day and after we saw our friends run by, a few of us went to Ann Sather's for breakfast. I hadn't planned on seeing any more of the marathon by then I decided to join James and Marla, who were going down to Chinatown to see the runners go by at the 22 mile mark. I got there first and was able to see Andre run by. Then James and Marla met up with me and we didn't have to wait too long before Jessica ran by. Then we walked to the finish and waiting for Andre and Jessica to run by again.

We were hungry for dinner so James, Marla, and I went to FoodLife for some grub. It was good. I gobbled by food up fast because I needed to be at the CSz back parking lot to meet a group for Whirelyball and laser tag. Both were a lot of fun.

Then it was back at our apartment for Dexter viewing! Definitely an exhausting but fun day.

No comments: