Saturday, October 03, 2009

New Shoes & Olympics

Olympics for 2016 will be in Rio de Janeiro. Chicago was eliminated in the first round.

I've decided to get my butt in gear and actually start exercising. So I signed up for the Bucktown 5K. I'm sad to say, though, that it was the goodie bag treats that actually made me commit to signing up. The goodie bag treats were running gloves, a water bottle, and a messenger bag. Yes, I messenger bag! I'm sure it will be a cheapo bag but still, that's a pretty great.

Years ago I meekly trained for the Chicago Marathon and hurt my knee during the training. In the years afterward, I would try to run again but the underside of my right knee (the leg that is curved outward) kept getting bruised. This had never happened before. The only variable that I could detect: the running shoes I bought that supposedly corrected bad foot stepping. Fuck you old shoes.

So I bought new running shoes. They don't try to correct pronation. They feel nice.

No comments: