Monday, October 23, 2006

My Eyes Hurt

Today wasn't too good.

I woke up this morning still tired. I've been so tired for a week now. My body is begging to get 10 hours of sleep at least but I cannot afford the time. Friday was finally a night I could just crash in my bed after work. There were no shows or rehearsals I had to go to. I stayed awake after work on Friday, hanging out on the couch, watching Battlestar Galactica, trying to deny the fact that I had a lack of sleep headache. Once the episode was over - which was A-MA-ZING - I tried to crash in my bed at 9pm.

I just couldn't fall asleep. After a half-hour of failing to fall asleep, I wasted time online until around 11:30 before going to bed. I set my alarm for 8pm. Surely 8 hours would be enough or so I thought. I woke feeling like I needed another 8 hours of sleep.

Saturday I went to Mike and Amanda's wedding in Milwaukee. It was very nice, but the traffic going north on 1-94 was crazy awful. Some people didn't even make it to the ceremony on time because of it. We (James, Marla, and I) barely had enough time to change and get to the church. We walked into the church while the procession down the aisle for the bridesmaids was starting. That night was fun and much dancing was had. I think I went to bed around 3 or so. We set the alarm for 10am. I think I got some nice sleep on that roll-away bed; but I remember having to get up in the middle of the night to pee. Way too much liquid drank. Dranked? Drunk? Whatever.

Fortunately today was a half-day at work for me. I had my TourCo audition at 4:05pm and so I took the afternoon off. Naturally I procrastinated and then scrambled to get things ready. I did the audition and didn't do too well. I hate the set-up of those auditions. I can never get comfortable in those situations. Improvising out of fear or trying too hard to impress always ends up coming out stiff and not fun. And not funny.

I came home feeling pretty down about the audition. Then I came home to find Tara and Amy in the apartment. They were crying. Niles, their cat, was super sick and on his last leg. He was lying down on the couch. The previous night I was watching TV with a blanket over me. Niles sat on me and rested while I rested. He moved over to a different spot on the blanket and I noticed a diarrhea spot. He had softish poo still on his rear section. I called Tara to tell her that I thought Niles was sick again.

Niles was this super awesome cat. Skinny and orange-ish in color. Well behaved and a master jumper. Tara and Amy had gotten Niles long ago from a cat shelter I believe. They knew when they got him that he had kitty leukemia. A month ago it looked like Niles was going to die. He was super lethargic and his normal cheery personality was gone. He was pooing everywhere also. He wasn't eating. I think he hadn't eaten for three days before he started to feel better and wolfed down a ton of cat food. He was back to his normal self. He was jumping on top of the TV or kitchen cabinets. This cat had more than nine lives.

Niles was having difficulty breathing and sometime between my coming home and me getting ready to go do light for Armando, Tara and Amy brought Niles to the hospital and they put him down. It is super sad. All I have to do is imagine Niles in his normal spots around the apartment - top of the couch, top of TV, top of kitchen cabinets, on the floor in the kitchen begging for some milk - and I start to tear up. I don't think I met a better cat. I really liked that guy.

Coming home from a bad audition to that atmosphere in the apartment will make you realize that the audition isn't really that big of a deal. There are so many more important things in life.

No comments: