Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas Vacation

My Christmas vacation was not relaxing enough. I'll try to be brief.

Got driven to O'Hare (nice), got a bon voyage kiss (even nicer), and then sat around waiting for the plane to come (not nice.) Our plane was coming from Minneapolis and was late due to bad weather. About 50 minutes late. So late that I missed my connection. It was also the last flight to my destination and the flight they rebooked me on was for 4:14pm the next day! My mom and dad had to drive down to Minneapolis to pick me up. I was not able to get the one bag I checked in because it was in locked storage and they didn't have the man power to retreive it since they were busy dealing with an already tardy luggage delivery system. It was mayhem at the airport. I got to my mom and dad's place at 2am. (ugh)

The next day we drove to St. Cloud to do last minute Christmas shopping. Or for me, all of my Christmas shopping. It's okay because I've only got to get gifts for 6 people. Then we went to the airport to pick up my luggage. I was afraid they wouldn't have it but they did. (thank God)

The day before Christmas, we drove down to Minneapolis for my mom's side of the family's Christmas get-together. It was at my Grandma and Grandpa's place, which they've had since the '60s I believe. It's super small and we had about 30 people crammed in there, many of them kids. I rarely see my relatives so it was nice to see them. Then we had to drive back to Brainerd and got home around 11pm.

Christmas was the only day I didn't travel around and I was so glad to not have to be in a car. We watched a lot of DVDs. My parents love watching movies. I got a $200 Best Buy gift card (towards a digital camera), $20 gift card for Macy's, white socks, a red sweater, and a billfold that I don't need.

I also learned what are all of the surnames of my great grandparents. Mine are:
Forsythe
Kirberger
Morgan
Showalter
Komro
Kothbower
Lowry
Cook

I traveled back to Chicago the day after Christmas and it was a long day. I had to get up at 6am to go into work with my dad, who was driving me to the airport. My first plane was 40 minutes late and this made me miss my connection. They rebooked me on a plane that left Minneapolis at 3pm, so I had 2 hours to kill at the airport. It turned out to be a longer of a layover since the 3pm flight ended up being late by 30 minutes. I was very worn out when I got back home.

I took the next day's morning off of work so I decided I could play poker late Tuesday night, which I did. I played it way too late and got little sleep. Not surprisingly, I woke up Wednesday feeling sick. By the time 5pm came around, I was full blown sick and feeling awful. Thanks God for Advil. And chicken soup. And green tea.

Skeleton Attack had a killer show in the Caberet space to open for Millies and Carl and the Passions. I was super proud of them. Then I went upstairs to perform in FELT. I was feeling much better by this point (yay green tea and medicine!) and our show was awesome. And it was in front of a full audience, which is always nice.

I'm still feeling ill, but not as bad as yesterday.

No comments: