Monday, December 04, 2006

Production Interrupted

We had a big snowstorm in Chicago last Friday. I somehow got a bit of snow stuck underneath the tread of my shoe that hardened into what felt like a small ice ball. It felt like I had a rock in my shoe as I stepped on my left foot. Not painfull at all but highly annoying. It wasn't until I was at work and in a heated place that the ice ball melted and left my shoe back to normal. I mention this because I need to get appropriate winter footwear: boots. Last winter it wasn't a problem at all to walk around in my Sketchers and I'm not really sure what makes this winter different.

I went to a Toys For Tots party at the Piano Man Bar on Saturday night. The mound of toys seemed bigger this year than last year, which is definitely good. I got there a little after midnight I think - after the raffle - and the bar was much less populated than last year. Cesar - who helps run the thing - told me that the place was packed like sardines before the raffle and once the raffle was done, almost everyone left right away.

Saturday was quite productive and Sunday not so much. Saturday I put in my new inner shower curtain since the old was was moldy, did 3 loads of laundry, put a new lamp that I bought together and placed it on my desk, finished some mix CDs I was working on, and played 3 hours of Guitar Hero I. I was doing Quick Play on Hard for most of the song (man it really is hard) and managed to get 3 stars for the most part. Then I went back to the Medium level since I figured it would now be easier for me to get 5 stars on about 6 songs that I've only managed to get 4 stars on. But instead of being easier it was harder because now the medium level feels like it's going too slow and I keep hitting the notes a half second before I'm supposed to. Very aggrivating.

Sunday was spent recovering from a dehydration headache. Those headaches suck. In other news, the Bears clinched their division and UF is headed to the BSC championship bowl game against Ohio St.

No comments: