Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The August Challenge

Last year on a whim I decided to not drink any alcohol during the month of August. I had been hung over one too many times that previous July. I think I even decided to do it on August 3rd and realized that I was still good since the last time I had drank any alcohol was something like July 28th. This time I was 13 hours into August before I decided to so it again.

But since I succeeded at this challenge last year, I feel I need to go further. And why not go overboard with it? So that's what I plan on doing.

For the next 31 days, I will try to post everyday about how I'm doing with my challenge. Here are my challenges:

THE CHALLENGES
1. To not drink any alcohol.
2. To do push-ups and sit ups everyday
3. To not log onto the Onion personals to check to see if any ladies have checked out my profile recently. No loggging in at all.
4. To not check out any pictures of naked ladies on the Internet.
5. To not master-b at all.
6. To wake up before noon on the weekend.

Numbers 3-5 are going to be tough. Number 3 maybe not so much because after awhile I'll forget about my profile and then won't care about checking it everyday. I expect to fail at number 5 but I'll try not to. I vow to give an 100% effort on this challenge. I also won't do a daily update about those three numbers because the object is to think less about sex and I can't do that if I'm updating everyday about it. So unless I fail at a task, I won't mention those three things again until September 1st. Oh, and I'm allowed to kiss ladies, but I've decided that I cannot make the first move. I don't expect any lady to throw herself at me but you never know, miracles could happen. I also want to allow for the loophole for making out because I don't want to be like "oh no, this girl wants to make out with me but I can't because of my personal challenge!"

Also notice that I don't have "do not go onto the Internet at work" on this list. This is because I want to try to do tasks that I think I can attempt without driving myself mad. I need the Internet at work in order to be happy. This is not a challenge in trying to punish myself. The is a self-improvement challenge. Also note that on September 1st, I fully expect to drink alcohol, not do any "ups," check out my personal ad stats, check out some naked ladies on the Net, master-b, and sleep past noon. Should making out or asking ladies out on dates come up that day too, then it could possibly become my best day ever this year.



DAY 1
Alcohol: still dry. Not even offered any so this hasn't been a challenge yet.

Sit-ups: 10. I could have done more, but I was starting to feel the burn at 7 and I thought, "you know, I'll stop early so that when the month ends it will look like I've progressed really well."
Push-ups: 6. Man I'm a weakling. I hope I can say that my August 31st self can beat up my current self easily by the month's end.

Progress: So far I'm on track! Good luck me!

No comments: