Monday, October 06, 2008

Marathon Bike Ride

Bacon Dennis

Saturday I went with friends on a bike ride in the burbs. We met up super early and used Matt's church's van to drive out to Dundee. I believe the Fox River runs through it. Along this river is a bike path; that's the path we rode on. We rode north to start and turned around at Crystal Lake after taking a break there for a bit. Round trip the whole thing was a little over 26 miles. My knees started to hurt around mile 24, so it was good that we didn't go much farther. Hopefully I'll last longer next time.

The experience was real fun. Fun bits, hanging with friends, the feeling of being active, feeling good about being awake so early in the day, getting exercise; all in all a great time.

And there was bacon. Need I say more?

Gilley made a video of the ride. Here it is:

Dundee Diecycle Trip from Dave Gilley on Vimeo.

No comments: