Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Somewhat Uneventful November

Why haven't I blogged more often since the election? Because nothing really noteworthy has happened to me really. I guess I could have switched over to blogging daily about the minutiae of everyday life but I didn't. I dropped the ball on that possibility.

Sorry.

But it's never too late to try. My new goal is to try to mix it up - sprinkle in the noteworthy posts in the hopefully comic takes on the mundanies of my everyday dealings.

Updates
Beatbox
I've been in a couple shows this month and I'm getting gradually better at free-style rapping. I'm hardly an adequate cipher, but from where I started, I've gotten better. Baby steps.

Also, the past show I was in was super fun and I had a blast in. I was in some fantastically fun scenes and I was pretty good (for me) at rapping.

PennyBear
We've finally started rehearsing again. It's felt like it's been forever since we last met and fortunately there isn't much dust to cast off ourselves. We've been coming up with some fun new exercises to create material and some of the material looks promising.

We've got a show coming up in December. We open for Williams & Martinez's sketch show on Dec. 19th. We also got word that we got into SketchFest again! Our show is Jan. 15, which is a Thursday. The second Thursday of the festival. Later in January we'll be flown down to Florida for the Gainesville Improv Festival to teach sketch writing workshops and to do our show down there.

CSz
Still a lot of fun and I'm doing okay at reffing. I had one so-so time at it that was full of stepping all over my tongue to get words out of my mouth. But I followed it up with my best (my opinion) reffing yet.

iO
Our team has two new additions to it as players and we've got a new coach.

Roommates
Tara was part of another SNL showcase; this time they were looking for writers for the show. The showcase was good and, again, Tara did great.

Ryder is coming back this Sunday. This is both good and bad. Good because he'll be back. Bad because now I have to kick out the whores who we've been using his room as a brothel.

No comments: