Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day

I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!

It's finally here and I'm at work right now and I have no urge to do any work at all. All I want to do is check out the election coverage on TV and keep refreshing fivethiryeight.com.

Last night Tara, Scott and I watched the live poll results of Dixville Notch, NH. For those that don't know, Dixville Notch is a town in northern New Hampshire that historically (since 1960) has their primaries and general elections at midnight. All of the registered voters gather in some hall, fill out their ballots, and then at midnight drop the ballots into the ballot box. If all of the registered voters have voted, then the town can close the polls and count the votes. This usually happenes a minute after the polls open. Last night the count was 15 for Obama, 0 for Nader ("sorry Nader" the guy said), and 6 for McCain. It's a landslide victory!!! Dixville Notch hasn't voted for a Democrat since 1968.

After that, our apartment had a fun time of doing bits about that town's name.

Me: You know who I haven't seen in awhile? Dunbar Dixville Notch.
Tara: You know who I haven't seen in awhile? Jon Dixville Notch.
Scott: You know which actor I haven't seen in awhile? Dixville Van Dykesville Notch.

No comments: