Sunday, November 01, 2009

Hot Chocolate 5K

Ran the Hot Chocolate 5K with Tamara, Chrissy, and Tam's friend Bryan. Natalie and Young were also there and we met up with them after the run. Jess was also there but she ran the 15K.

The run was fine. The four of us ran together for two of the three miles before my knee started to hurt due to the slow pace we were running. If I run too slow, the up and down motion of the trot pace starts to hurt my knee after awhile. So I had to quicken my pace to ease the pressure on my knee. I took off, put on my headphones, and finished the last mile at a pace I liked. I wasn't as tired this time as I was the last time I finished a 5K. So that's progress.

There was chocolate fondue and hot chocolate for the runners after the race. However, this is where the organizers failed and failed hard. By the time the 15K runners finished the race (and they started after the 5K runners took off) a number of the fondue fountains had stopped running and they soon ran out of chocolate for the fondue. And the hot chocolate was the powdered crap and it tasted so, so, so awful. I don't think I've ever had worse tasting hot chocolate.

No comments: