Wednesday, November 11, 2009

NYC part of Vacation

Mouse Phone Bit POB & Jet 2

Day 1:
Flight to PHL; flight to EWR
EWR airport and train to NYC Penn Station
Central Park - heard so many different languages being spoken and the park had a nice romantic feel to it at dusk
Dayna's group - went to go see my friend Dayna's improv group. They were great and definitely the best on of the night.
SNL writer's room/SNL experience - my friend POB is a new writer for SNL and I was able to sit in the writer's room during the live show. It was pretty neat and thankfully the show that night was a good one. Taylor Swift was the host and musical guest. I was able to go down to the floor of the show and watch her do two of her songs and that was pretty neat.
Afterparty - also got to see POB's office and then went to the afterparty at a restaurant nearby the studio. It was nice and got to talk to a few iO alums that are now apart of SNL
PATH train and Hoboken experience - rode the last PATH train to Hoboken to be picked up by my sister, who I was staying with. The train is loaded with drunk kids in their early 20s; it was like all of Clark Street were put on one train together. Later heard that these people are labeled "bridge and tunnel" people by people who live in NYC.

Day 2
Met up with a friend of a friend for a night out on the town. Went to a cool burger place before heading to UCB Theater
ASSCATT - Groz, McBrayer, Lutz, Poehler, and others were in the show. It was real good.
Houndstooth bar
View of NYC at night from NJ - later met up with my sister and her BF and they took me to this one spot in NJ where you get a wonderful view of NYC.

Brooklyn Bridge Traffic & Amy

Day 3
Williamsburger - drove to Brooklyn with my sister and her BF for sightseeing. Went to this burger place which was pretty great.
DUMBO area - the term for the area between the Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges. There's a park there next to the river and it was a great place for picture taking.
Walked across Brooklyn Bridge
Staten Island Ferry
Dark, German bar with good food
Lapkus goodbye improv show at The Creek & the Cave - coincidentally my friend Lapkus was having her goodbye show that night and I was invited in apart of it in Queens. Got to see a ton of Chicago folks who now live in NYC. My sister got to see me do improv for the first time in years.

Day 4
Train to NYC
waiting for gate to be announced
On the train - super long trek. Views were decent but I was hoping for better.
Customs check - took forever. Canadian customs agents board the train and question everyone about them entering Canada and for what reason.
Montreal!

No comments: