Monday, June 05, 2006

LA Vacation

I'm going to LA tonight. I'll be there until Sunday night. I'll have 6 full days of California sun, which will be nice. Not because the California sun is nicer than the Chicago sun we've enjoyed over the past two weeks. No, because I won't have to do a God damn thing when I'm in LA. Ahhh, vacation.

I leave for O'Hare right after work, but I have plenty of time to get there since my flight is after 8pm. I've got a rental car reservation, so I won't have to depend on a friend or relative to drive me around the city, or pick me up from the airport. My sister lives in LA and I'll be staying with her for part of the time I'm there. The first couple of days I'll be crashing at my friend Levin's place. I haven't seen Levin since April and I haven't seen my sister since April of last year. I have an aunt and uncle that live there too so it will be nice to see them. I will also try to visit my friends Amanda & Mike, Alexandra, and James.

The LA Improv Festival is happening this week also. It was at first the reason I was going but towards the last second my team was unable to go. I had already booked the flight and since I could use a vacation [haven't had once since Christmas] I decided to go to LA anyway.

---

Riding my bike everywhere is so much fun. I've gotten compliments on how nice my bike is [should be for the money I paid for it] and that is nice although it also makes me paranoid in a "yeah? Well, it's mine, you can't have it" way.

This past weekend was a fun one. Rattlesnake had a show Saturday night and it was a really good one. I played only supporting characters but it was super fun and I really felt on top of my game during the show. I participated in the last few minutes of an Ultimate Frisbee game. Everyone there assumed I was this super good player, which is funny. I guess I just looks like a really good frisbee dude.

In other news, I recently weighed myself on a friend's bathroom scale and it said I weighed 148 lbs. I don't know if I believe it even after my friend said it was accurate. If it's true, then I've gained 13 lbs in the last year. This is a good thing, but I think most of it is fat [which I could use more of, I guess]. Now let's see if I can convert that fat into muscle, which would be better.

No comments: