Thursday, June 15, 2006

Sinus Hell

I believe I'm finally on the downslide of a 3 day long cold. I started feeling ill on the last day of my vacation in LA, Sunday. The plane ride was an uncomfortable one; being that I was in the middle seat of a red eye flight and not able to get any sleep. I probably just misused the semicolon. Did I just misspell semicolon? Semi-colon?

Monday was hot throat day.
Tuesday was general cold day.
Wednesday was sinus hell, with a large ball of snot just behind my nose. When it wasn't a large ball of solid mass preventing me from beathing out of my nose, it was a faucet of grossness. Thank God for antihistimines. Anit-histimines?

Puppet improv rocks the house.
I was too sick to make it to an audition yesterday.
The vice-president of my day job company envies my vacation to Montana in 2 weeks and 1 day. A day over a fortnight?

Not planning anything to do while in LA actually became a bane. By Friday I was super bored and super hungry but food in LA is super expensive and going anywhere always involves driving and parking, which is super stressful. Trying to find parking for over a half-hour, while dealing with a lack of sleep headache, coupled with the not-needed adrenaline of almost getting into an accident and having some guy try to scare me is not a fun task. That last thing was weird. I was stopped at a light in my sister's neighborhood, which is predominately Mexican, and I hear some guy say "hey white guy" from the car to my left. I play along and response with a "what's up?" The guy in the passenger seat then does this "joke" where he fliched his body and arm down in front of him as if you were about to pull a gun on me. In my headache dazed state, it took me a few second to comprehend what he did. By that time the light changed green and rather respond in any way verbally I just ignored it and proceeded to try to find parking. And because I'm prone to obsessive thinking, I kept thinking about it over and over again and it made me angry. I didn't want to be angry. I wanted to be in bed, comfortable, and hopefully sleeping restfully.

Note to self: find out what type of mattress my sister has and remember to never buy that brand. Also find out what type of mattress my friend Levin has and buy it; the nights I slept on that thing were so restfull. Probably a little better than my own bed/futton.

No comments: