Sunday, July 06, 2008

4th of July

Fireworks Smoke

I had a really great 4th of July day. I went to two BBQs that afternoon. The second one was a Rattlesnake & Friends BBQ party. It was up north at Katy's place and we were able to get to the roof and chill out there from time to time. I bought some cheap steaks and when I cooked two of them I found out why they were cheap. Not good at all. Well, a little good because I ate them both. For the most part the BBQ was low key, which was perfect. The weather was beautiful and the company was great.

Later at night I went to another low key hanging out, but this one was even more low key than the low key BBQ. It was nice to chat on a porch, get updates of people's lives, and do bits back and forth.

But a day spent doing low key things is tiring. I was thinking about my bed by 10pm. I was simply exhausted by midnight.

No comments: