Monday, July 14, 2008

Build-A-Bike Class 7

This week we dealt with shifters and derailleurs. It wasn't too much different from brakes although I had a heck of a time putting my shifter wire on the front derailleur with enough tension on it.

This will end up being my last class in the course. I've got a Sunday ticket for the Pitchfork Music Festival and I'm going to that instead of class. Luckily the last class is basically - from what the teacher has told me - odd and ends and other loose ends stuff. So nothing extra to learn, just extra time if you need it. I put my pedals back on my bike and test rode it around the area. It felt good and the brakes were extra tight. I hardly had to press down on the brake and the bike would stop.

It was a fun class and I hope to go back during the shop's Open Shop hours on Saturdays to mess around with the things I've learned on my road bike.

No comments: