Monday, July 20, 2009

Pitchfork 2009 (Saturday)

Matt & Kim 1

Went to Pitchfork Music Festival on Saturday. Saw a bunch of bands.

Bowerbirds - they were okay.
Ponytail - weird. Band plays fast paced music while their lead "singer" lady does chirps, beeps, and other odd sounds into the mic instead of actual word lyrics.
Lindstrøm - guy played electronic dance music off a mixer board and a laptop. Good grooves but sometimes way, way too much bass.
Matt & Kim - The band I came to the festival to see. I only got to see half their set since they went on 20 minutes late, but it was pretty great. Infectious energy and cool, fast paced songs.

The festival seemed more crowded this year, which wasn't a good thing. I was probably due to the cool temps. The two previous years the temperature was in the 90s and that must have kept people away. Between this and the Pritzker Pavilion I've sampled enough outdoor concerts this summer. Which means when I go to Lollapalooza in a few weeks, I'll try to stay relatively away from the stages so that the crowds don't get to me.

~~~

PS. Friday was another Phase 10 Friday. That's 4 in a row!

No comments: