Monday, November 13, 2006

God Help Me

God help me.

I bought a Guitar Hero Playstation bundle through Best Buy's online store. The bundle includes the Playstation 2 console, the Guitar Hero game (the first one), and a Guitar Hero controller. I'm sure I'll put Guitar Hero II on my Christmas wish list.

This purchase will doom me into becoming a hermit this winter season. It will also eat into my Netflix watching time. And I'm sure I'll put off doing laundry or getting groceries or even eating because I've just GOT TO finish this ONE LAST song. I know it's going to be addictive as hell. I'm just happy that my fingers will start to hurt after long hours of playing it. This will probably ensure that I actually take a break and, you know, resume actually having a life.

I'm also preparing for these songs to invade my dreams at night.

On an unrelated note, I watched The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi on CineMax yesterday. Unfortunately they were the altered versions because Lucas just can't leave well enough alone. Doesn't he realize that once you release a movie to the general public, the movie experience almost becomes public domain. In that the movie we see becomes what the movie is. A movies shouldn't be a canvass that can change. It shouldn't change at all. You cannot change things in a movie 25 years later... even if you are the director. The God damned singing number at Jaba's palace looks so awful next to all the actual Henson creatures around it. It looks like the creators of Men in Black inserted a crappy Pixar creature in the movie. It's too kiddie; too cute, too unrealistic. I hate it. Hate, hate, hate it.

Excuse me while I try to get back to my happy place.

No comments: