Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sitting in and Another Wedding

I'd say I'm 98% healed from my pulled shoulder muscle which is good news.

The warm spell in Chicago is over, which isn't good news.

I sat in for Dunbar in the Sketchcore show and I did all right. I had a little trouble with the Taking Back Rainbows rap before the show started. When I get frustrated that I can't get something I've been working all week on, I start to shut down and get defensive. I tried to combat that while the cast calmed me down and worked through the problem. I had the tendency to go too fast while doing the rap. During the show I did pretty good. I did mess up towards the end, but I covered it up pretty nicely. The show was over before I knew it. Because I did Chocolate Shop, I got to grab Molly's breasts and make out with her, which is hilarious. Being an actor means you can do those sort of things with your friends and it's okay.

Right after the show we took a cab over to Chris and Carrie's wedding. It was in this small club that used to be a restaurant that the city now uses for people to rent out. They had a British Invasion cover band play and they were amazing. They're called the New Invaders and we gave them the best gig ever I feel. I danced up a storm along with a sweat. Then we headed over to Holly and Alex's apartment for an after party. During the coarse of the night, I was witness to many new coupling-up instances. Had this happened two weeks ago, I would have been down about this out of jealousy. But I wasn't. It way, way too early to say anything at all... but I will just say that whatever I have going on, it allowed me to not be jealous, which is good news.

So I've been to 3 weddings this Autumn. I'm glad I have no more in the horizon because I need a break from them.

No comments: