Monday, August 31, 2009

CSz Kickball & Injury

2nd Hand Break

CSz played kickball instead of rehearsing on a Tuesday night. It was a lot of fun. I was on the Blue team and we ended up killing the Red team. I got on base twice and scored both times. I also jammed my ring and pinkie fingers on the ball during the 2nd inning. It wasn't even during a play, it was during the changeover. We took the field and threw the ball around to keep ourselves warmed up. Ryder threw it to me, I let it bounce and then it jammed my fingers. It hurt a lot.

Afterward we hung out at Carol's Pub and I did a good job of talking to people and not bailing on the hangout fun.

Once I got home I immediately iced my hand though it was pretty swollen at this point. By Saturday the swelling hadn't gone down enough to my liking so I had it checked out at the Hand Surgery Specialty Doctor. HSSD had it x-rayed. It's just a jammed finger, right? I've jammed my fingers in basketball during middle school before. This is just like that, right?

Well, guess what? I found out today it was a small fracture of the pinky finger. Another broken bone!? God damn what's wrong with my bones?!

So I get to wear this bad boy (see picture above) for 6 weeks. Life is great.

No comments: