Thursday, August 06, 2009

Exercise

I was able to do sit ups on a hard floor yesterday!

My lower back is still sore but much more milder. I also did crunches and push-ups. Not only that, but I felt the need for a short run so I ran around the block after work! And did yoga stretches! High five self!

Note about my gut: I do have a bit of flab around my midsection. This is a fact. Is it that noticeable? No. Is it that bad compared to others? No. I agree that I'm fortunate and over-all I'm still a thin guy. But when I tell people that I'm trying to get in shape, trying to tone up, trying to get healthier, and mention my wish to trim my gut, they laugh at my gut complaint. I get what they are saying, but it also feels like they're laughing off my attempt to get healthier. Sometimes your friends are your biggest obstacle for change.

No comments: