Friday, August 21, 2009

Food Poisoning & Weekend with Family

80 or So

I got food poisoning the night before I traveled to Minneapolis for my other grandpa's 80th birthday party. It was awful.

I went to a ribs restaurant after Shock Corridor rehearsal and the dinner was great. But then I got home and soon after I felt a great pain in my stomach. Cut to 15 minutes later and I'm holding onto the toilet bowl for dear life as my stomach contents tumble out. I had the shakes, I was sweating, it was really bad. After the worst of it was over, I cleaned myself up and then went to bed. I had to get some sleep before catching my plane the next day.

I wake up at 4am. Something's wrong. I go to the bathroom and discover that my body has decided to get rid of the rest of its contents but this time using the opposite end of the gastrointestinal tract. If it wasn't clear to me during the puking it became crystal clear now, sitting atop the toilet, that I had food poisoning.

This made my trip to my Grandpa's 80 birthday party just about the worst trip I've been on this year. I had no appetite and my whole body felt really weak and frail. My first night in Minneapolis I could have spent it hanging out with my sister, her boyfriend, my cousin, and her boyfriend, but I was still too sickly feeling to go out. The next day was my grandpa's (Grandpa K.) 80's birthday party. It was good to see a lot of my relatives and we out an about. But I still was pretty weak and had to take it easy during the party.

Happy birthday, Grandpa K!
80th Birthday Boy

No comments: