Sunday, August 09, 2009

Lolla 2009 Day 2

Yeah Yeah Yeahs Starting!

Lolla day 2 notes:

Pre-Open Lolla Main Gate
I got in line early; before it opened. Finally opened at 11:07am

Band of Skulls 14
Band of Skulls - Blew me away! - just might be my favorite new band. Rockin' set; ended 7 min early. (not enough songs?) So much fun.

Ezra Furman & The Harpoons
Ezra Furman & the Harpoons - good stuff; hilariously awkward talking to the audience between songs. Pretty hot already.

Walked around looking at stuff:
  • Honda Eco Zone - car stuff
  • Green Street - environmental stuff
  • Hammock Haven - resting place
Miike Snow - came on with weird white masks; took them off 1-2 songs later. Not quite into them.

Lobster Corndog
Food - lobster corndog from Graham Elliot booth. Sooooooo good.

Ida Maria 3
Ida Maria - Pretty good. Probably would be have been better had I known the songs first. Wonderful showman, front woman.

Chairlift - probably would dig their stuff, but just like Fleet Foxes, wasn't quite in the mood. A little too low energy/quiet stuff for an outdoor concert.
Arctic Monkeys - didn't care for them. Took a nap.

Santigold
Santigold - Started 10 minutes late, but made up for it with awesome show. Really great songs. Backup singers/dancers were incredible.

More food
Heard last song of TV on the Radio's set, which was the only song I really know. So perfect timing.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs Closer
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - A-ma-zing show.
I've seen them 3-4 times before and this one was by far the best show. So awesome. Great spot, could see over everyone's head.

Got a little dehydrated at the end. Got a little sunburned. Pretty darn exhausted. But what a great day. Definitely best day out of the festival this year. Possibly the best day out of the 4 years I've been going to Lolla. Day 1 of Lolla 2007 comes pretty close [The Rapture & Daft Punk]. (Don't worry 2007, you're still my favorite Lolla overall so far) I also biked down this day so I biked back and was covered in sweat when I got home. Ridiculously exhausted at this point.

Will I be able to wake up early enough for Day 3?

No comments: