Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Warsaw

Warsaw Birds 2

My friend got married yesterday in Edinburgh, where he lives. He met his wife while backpacking through Europe; she's Polish. They decided to just go to city hall and have it done that way. Later on this year they'll visit her family in Poland and his family in America. But they decided to have their bachelor and bachelorette parties in Warsaw.

I had been promising for a whole year that I'd visit them in Edinburgh but hadn't done it yet. So I decided to join them and others for the bachelor party in Warsaw. I first went to Edinburgh and crashed on their couch for 4 days before we all went to Warsaw. Warsaw was a nice enough city, and as well as could be expected in February. The bachelor party was fun and it was even more fun later in the evening when the bachelor and bachelorette parties merged into one party when we all met up at a super small and cramped dance club. However, the most fun on the trip wasn't the sites that I saw, but reconnecting with my friend, who I hadn't seen in over a year.

No comments: