Monday, December 01, 2008

5th or 6th Dimension


Many wise people say our reality exists in 4 dimensions: 3 spatial and 1 time dimension. There are many theories as to what the 5th dimension is, but the one I like the most is the land of your own imagination. Then what is the land of someone else's imagination, the 6th dimension?

Whatever they are, I seem to spend more time in the 5th and 6th dimensions than I do in reality. I'm either day dreaming about some odd thing or I'm watching TV or a film. Lately I've been staying in bed longer and longer, resistant to getting up and doing things. I think about all the errands I need to do and get paralyzed by chores. I'd reather be daydreaming about how great life will be when they all get magically done with no work. I'm also spending more time watching shows. The past week I've become obsessed with the show Bones. I bought the second season on DVD and have spend almost all of my free time watching the episodes and special features.

Are these the signs of seasonal affectedness disorder? I hope not. Despite my natural inclination towards melancholy and laziness, I do feel an increased drive within me to become a doer. I also get the most done the busier my schedule gets. And my schedule for December is pretty darn jam packed. This is a good thing.


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Omg, that Royksopp video is one of my faves.