Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The Feeling of Being an Adult

This morning I felt like an adult. I was up early in the day, inside and warm while outside it was being turned into a winter wonderland, and drinking coffee like my parents, who are the epitome of being an adult. I felt like today was a day to get things done. A day of new beginnings. The first day in a long line of days where I'd be very productive and feel like an adult. The items on my To-Do list would get done and I'd feel great getting them off the list.


Could this be the start of a whole month of being an adult? Could I start a blog project and call it "31 Days of Being an Adult?" This morning I felt like I could.


Later in the day I got an email out of the blue from a casting agency. It would appear that I got referred by iO (along with other guys my type) for a small part in a movie with Meryl Streep and Steve Martin.

"Holy shit! A movie with Meryl Streep and Steve Martin! Where do I sign?!"

Not so fast... Though I could fit within the physical description of the part ("all Adam's apple," an "Anthony Michael Hall in Breakfast Club type"), the character is supposed to be 17 years old. Now I look young, but certainly not as young as 17. I sent my headshot and contact info over anyways but the casting agent agreed that I couldn't pull off 17. Damn it.

I found it a nice juxaposition of feeling today. Feeling like an adult in the morning and then later in the afternoon hoping to be thought of as a teenager.

Rosie & Einstein

No comments: