Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Finally the White Sox game

Top of 9th Waiting

About a month ago people from a message board I'm apart of tried to go to a White Sox game but it got rained out. Last night was the rescheduled night. Once again the weather forecasts did not look good. There was a pretty good chance it was going to get rained out.

After work I trained it to the stadium and met up with the group in the parking lot. We tailgated for a good while. There was no rain thus far although it was rather chilly for a June day. Unfortunately I wasn't quite prepared enough for the chill so I bought myself a discount Sox T-shirt with ex-Sox player Joe Crede's name and number on it. (He was my favorite player on the Sox)

Out seats were in left field but only 13 rows back. The game turned out to be quite a good game and the weather was perfect up to the last batter. The White Sox beat the Oakland A's 6-2. Oakland scored 2 in the first inning before we even sat down. It was tied up late in the game until the 8th inning. We hit a 3-run homer in the 8th and got an extra run later on. While we were cheering the pitcher for his final out, it finally started to lightly sprinkle. When I checked the Weather Channel app on my iPhone, it showed that a massive rainstorm just passed us by to the south of the stadium.

No comments: