Monday, June 29, 2009

Fun Dancing Guy Video



Dancing guy at Sasquatch Music Festival 2009 during "Unstoppable" by Santigold.

It's neat how you can discover a new band in the most odd ways. I saw the above video posted on Facebook. I loved it and watched it over and over again. Then I found other videos from this festival with the same dude dancing like this during other bands. And then I found that the event above was caught from three different angles! Was this planned? My research has made me come to the conclusion that no, this was not planned. The artist he's dancing to in the video is Santigold, who performed on the 3rd day of the festival. Another video he's dancing to NIN who played on the 2nd night. In another video he's dancing to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, who played on the 1st night. So this dude had already made a name for himself during the first two days of this festival. By the third day I'm sure many people had become aware of this guy. The Dancing Guy. So I think it was just lucky that three people happened to be videotaping this guy when this event occurred spontaneously. It's pretty cool.

Anyway, I liked the song playing in the background of the video so I bought it off of iTunes. Then I listened to more of her songs online and really dug them. So I bought the whole album. It's become one of my favorite albums that I've discovered this year. [Note: her album came out in 2008] She'll be at Lolla this year and that's good. I'll definitely check her out live at the festival.

Check her out online if you get a chance.

No comments: