Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ribfest

ribfest

Went to Ribfest late Sunday night and they were out of ribs... until....

We were walking and talking and either - wait, I need to back up. Sunday night we had another canceled show. So Nathan, Sean, Erin, Tara, and I went to Ribfest up near Lincoln Square. When we got there there was a sign up at the ticket booth saying that most places were sold out of food! Ugh, can you believe that? I decided to take my chances and bought a bunch of tickets. Most places had food, but were sold out of ribs. No ribs at Ribfest, WTF!? So after trying in vain to see if any of the booths had ribs left, I decided to abandon the cause and get myself some food that wasn't ribs.

So, we're walking and talking and either Nathan, Sean, or Tara, I'm not sure which, spots this dude that just walked by carrying a huge Tupperware bin on his shoulder. Through the semi-clear plastic we can see inside - IT'S RIBS!

"Follow that guy!" I yell out.

So we do and wait in line for our turn at some late night ribs. We only had to wait 40 minutes and the ribs were in our hands. Worth the wait? Probably not, but at least I had ribs at Ribfest.

You would think that's where the story ends, right? Right. But no! As I'm throwing away my rib tray and napkins, I see a good friend (identity hidden to protect her) working the beer tent booth. Boom, I get 2 free beers! I tell the gang and they all get free beers too! So we cobble squat at a table and go a ton of bits over free beer. It was a great time and I didn't want it to end.

No comments: