Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pre-Wedding Party

Party Topaz

My friend Rex is getting married in September. So what better time than late June to have a pre-wedding party, right? Yeah, I don't get why it's months before either, but a party's a party and I like parties.

It was at the Grafton in Lincoln Square and it was quite nice. A lot of friends to talk to and some old friends who I haven't seen in awhile. Levin flew in from LA and it was great to see him. Rex and his bride-to-be, Jen, looked great and it was nice to see so many of their friends gathered to celebrate their upcoming nuptials.

At first I was quickly feeling the affects of my age - getting tired early on in the party, but I stuck it out until the end. And I got a second wind at 1am. From the Grafton it was on to the Tiny Lounge and from there it was the goth dance club Neo. I didn't plan on staying out until 4am but that's what happened. And it's especially noteworthy since I stayed up until 6am the previous night. I haven't done that in years.

No comments: