Monday, May 19, 2008

Allergies

It was only a matter of time before my allergies caught up with me this year. This past weekend is when they decided to strike. And strike hard they did. Right in my face, like a punch from a boxer.

The last time I was actually checked for allergies was when I was a kid. I have no idea if any of my childhood allergies have gone away or if I've gained new ones over time. But when I was checked out, I was told I was allergic to dust & mold, cat dander, white oak, some type of bush I don't remember, and a fifth thing which has also faded from my memory. I've gotten better as I've aged in taking my allergy medicine. I was much more stubborn in not taking allergy medicine. I didn't want to admit that I needed them. I felt the same about vitamin pills. Now I take a vitamin pill daily (I'm still remembering to do it every day! I'm so proud of myself) and at the first sign of my allergies coming, I run for the over-the-counter allergy medicine I take.

What do I reach for? I'm a big fan of Chloro-Trimenton. It's antihistamines are wonderful. If I were a big time celebrity, I would proudly do their advertisements.

No comments: