Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Madskillz?

madskillz

I've been in 5 shows since my last post. Two ComedySportz home shows, one non-brand ComedySportz remote, a Rattlesnake High School show, and the performance show for the Madskillz class I was in. All were unique in different ways.

The Fri 8pm show was a roomie team show where I was on the same team as Tara and Tim, my roommates. The theater was packed with middle school kids who had the attention span of gnats and talked throughout the show. I never really felt like I was doing quality improv on top of it. The Fri 10pm show I was the blue team captain and the audience was light and reserved. I felt better improv-wise but I'm not sure the audience was really into the show. The remote show was at a yacht club near the border of Wisconsin. We played in a large room and we tried very hard to be heard. We had hand mics but doing improv with a hand mic never works. They were very reluctant to give suggestions and I couldn't tell how much they liked the show. But afterwards many of them came up to us and talked about how much they liked it. So what do I know? The Rattlesnake show was good but the show was much more narrative than most of our shows and so I felt a little lost at times. But it was cool that we tried something new in a show. Last night was the Madskillz show at CSz. I was super nervous. I guess I did okay since people said such after the show but I didn't feel all that great. Mostly what people said was that I was really funny. I was trying to be good/passable in my raps; I wasn't trying to be funny. So I felt like I missed my goal.

The above picture was taken during the Madskillz show by my friend Lindsay.

No comments: