Thursday, May 01, 2008

The Machines Strike Back

I mistakenly forgot to take my ATM card out of the slot when it popped out after I was done withdrawing money from it. I only realized this about 5 hours later when I wanted to buy a Sunday ticket for the Pitchfork Music Festival (in July). ATMs suck up cards if you don't take them immediately. Then they are destroyed. So needed to order a new debit card. This wouldn't have been a problem if it weren't for the fact that I need a debit card to rent a car.

I'm going to LA this coming Monday because Pennybear, the sketch group I'm in, is performing in the LA Comedy Festival. We get two shows. I may get to see my newborn cousin while I'm in LA. I may get to see friends who are now living in LA. These are great things. But they are marred by the fact that I won't be able to drive around LA in a rental car. I could have used my credit card for this, but I'm the kind of genius that doesn't use the only credit card I have for 2 years and let's the card status become "restricted." Restricted is credit card company speak for "the credit is $0 and the only option you have is to close out this account and then reapply for a new card."

Ugh.

No comments: