Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekend Update

Pennybear rehearsals are going pretty well.  We're now required to email in our scene ideas to the director the day before rehearsal and this helps me to be actively trying to come up with ideas.  Before, I'd think about ideas on the walk or bike ride over to rehearsal. I'm pretty lazy by nature so it's good to have a kick in the pants.  We're also going to start rehearsing two times a week and this is exciting.  We've got about a month before our run at the Apollo.

I went to see the Second City ETC show Saturday night.  I liked it and it was neat to see the actors taking some really cool risks in the show.  Their slower paced, slice-of-life scene were really good and it was good to see it in a show, since Pennybear is like that too.

I auditioned for Beat Box today.  The audition went well and I did so-so.  Not as bad as I thought I'd be, but definitely not good enough for the show in my opinion.

But 2 things are on my mind this weekend that I'm willing to share with you, random Internet blog reader.  One is that I'm looking forward to getting my replacement bike wheel-lock key in the mail.  Then I'll be able to get my back tire fixed.  The second is that I'm super pissed that the Sci-fi Channel hasn't put the latest aired Battlestar Galactica episode up on the website.  How dare they!  Don't they know I must watch this episode so I can talk about it with friends?  I was at a BBQ yesterday and Griffen, a fellow BSG lover, had seen the last episode but wasn't able to talk to me about it since I had yet to see it.  So embarrassing.

No comments: