Tuesday, June 10, 2008

First Free Thursday

Rattlesnake rehearsed on Thursday nights and so I've had something booked every Thursday for over three years (how long I was on Rattlesnake). Yes, occasionally rehearsal would be canceled, but I haven't had Thursday night blank for a long time. I could have used this free night to clean my room and do something productive. Instead I decided to bike to Ukrainian Village to watch game 1 of the NBA Finals.

It was a fun time but the weather outside was unbelievably hot and humid that day and night. I sweated buckets on the ride over. I also marveled at how large of an apartment my friend Ben has all by himself for very little money. We had cold chicken, warm pizza, and cheap beer. Sometimes during the commercials we'd switch to clips of the 1986 Summer Olympics that Ben has on cassette. By the end of the night a nice small gathering of people were there. We watched the Celtics win, I got to do some funny if somewhat annoying announcer bits, and after the game we played a bit of Mario Kart. Not a bad night.

No comments: