Monday, June 23, 2008

Hell Week

PennyBear's new show opened last Friday night. We had about 20 people there, which was much better than our 5 people-opening night during our first run. We also had 4 reviewers there. I think our show is stronger than our last show. I was proud of the material in our first run, but I'm even more proud of the stuff we've created since then. Our show is a mix of old and new sketches and I think our running order is the best it can be. That said, the audience reactions to stuff was different that what I was expecting. As such, I'm unsure how our reviews are going to turn out. I hope we get at least one favorable review.

The week leading up to the show was exhausting. Each weekday night we met and rehearsed stuff. I'm not a coffee drinker (caffeine makes me too hyper; I'm quite sensitive to the drug) but I needed to rely on it heavily during this week to keep me awake at my day job. I thought I'd get some sleep during the weekend but I had a hard time falling asleep. It was until last night - when I forced myself to go to bed at 10pm - that I actually got a good night's sleep. But even today I feel tired at it's only noon.

No comments: