Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bowling Greatness

Last Thursday after work my company had a company party at Lucky Strike. We had 8 lanes all to ourselves in our own little area and there were appetizers and later nice food served. The food was pretty good. I haven't bowled in probably a little over a year.

Back when I was in middle school, I joined a youth bowling league and it was fun although I was pretty bad at it. I think my average eventually got to around 120. But I never broke above 150. I think the league was only a fall league - meaning it only met in autumn - but I could be wrong about that. Either way, I only did it for 2 autumns before I moved on to a different hobby. Zoom forward to college and I bowled occasionally because there was a bowling alley on campus very close to the theater I was always at. I think I got my average up at around 140 during this time.

But then one day I just fell into the "zone." I got 6 strikes in a row and then in the 10th frame I got 3 strikes. My final score during that game was 222. I was so amazed I could hardly believe what I did. Luckily I was bowling with a friend so I had a witness. I believe my next highest score was around 180.

I bowled two games at Lucky Strike during the party. I got 114 the first game. Then I decided to try to get a spare every frame. I nearly did; only the 10th frame didn't have a spare or strike in it. And I got a turkey. This second game I got a score of 201. Again, I was amazed at my good fortune. But this time I had a camera.
High Score

No comments: