Sunday, August 19, 2007

Lollapalooza - Day 3

The 1900s - 8

I was excited for Day 3 mostly because local band, The 1900s, were at the festival. I again woke up later than I wanted and rushed to the park and got to their early show half-way through it. I got to hear 3 songs but at least I got to see them. They had a good show and even got to meet Jeanine, whose one of the band members. My camera's battery died soon afterwards so I wasn't able to get more pictures taken of Day 3. But this is okay since Day 3 was pretty much a disappointment from that point on. It also felt hotter than Day 1, was WAY more packed, and the ground was wet and muddy in many places because of the rain during the night. So here's a few more pictures of The 1900s.

The 1900s - 6
The 1900s - 5
The 1900s - 3

The other acts I saw on Day 3:
Rodrigo y Gabriela - amazing guitarists and I would expect to soon hear their music in Chipotles and Starbucks across America.
Amy Whinehouse - not into her stuff at all; kind of have a knee jerk reaction to the hyper surrounding her; wasn't impressed at all with her set and found her show (I left halfway through) to be boring.
Iggy and the Stooges - Great show; Iggy's such a spaz; he invited the audience on stage and instead of a few kids it turned into 300. It was crazy. I left halfway through the show to check out Peter Bjorn & John.
Peter Bjorn & John - their sound system blew out during their second song; waited 15 minutes before leaving; learn 15 minutes after I left that they finally got the sound system back and played a few more of their songs.
Modest Mouse - like their stuff and they sounded good but didn't really make an effort to connect or interact with the audience and so I though their show was so-so.

I didn't stay for Pearl Jam because I don't really like that band but those that did stay, I hear, had a real great time. Overall, Day 1 was the best, Day 2 had the best weather and I got to see YYY's for the 3rd time live, and Day 3 was a bust except for The 1900s. The organizers did a great job and their only slip up was putting the Cold War Kids on a small stage because their audience for their show was crazy huge and it was very hard to get through this crowd when I was trying to get over to see Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. There weren't any huge lines at the food tents and only time there were huge lines was on Day 3 for the beverage booths.

Tired & Sweaty
Doing the whole festival took a lot out of me and I don't think I'll be able to do it again next year. Maybe I'll only get a one day pass next year, if I do go. This is a picture of me at the end of Day 2.

No comments: