Saturday, August 18, 2007

Day 18

push-ups: 16. I can tell I'm getting better even though the number I can do isn't getting higher. The first 10 are getting pretty easy now.
sit-ups: 50. Same with the sit-ups. The first 20 come pretty easy. The muscles don't start to burn until 23.

alcohol: I've got a bottle of wine on my book shelf. Normally I don't pay any attention to it. Today, though, I looked at it and though that since today was kind of yucky weather-wise, that it might be nice to have a glass or two of this wine. Alcohol occasionally is fine, I don't want to come off as Straight Edge by any means. The thing that is neat - and is always neat when I try this challenge - is that I recognize the difference between actually wanting a little bit of alcohol as apposed to having some because someone offers even if I don't want any.

In this day and age, I've felt that when someone says to you "can I get you a drink" or "can I buy you a beer" perhaps we take that to mean "I want to bond with you right now." Somehow the fact that you are both drinking a beer or a glass of wine together makes it easier to stand next to each other and talk about what's going on in your lives.

weekend wake-up: 10:40am

No comments: