Monday, April 28, 2008

Bike & Brunch

I finally kicked whatever sickness I was under by Wednesday.  I can't tell you how happy I was to be finally well.  Wait... I can tell you how happy I was.  I was super duper elated.  Gone was the gross throat soreness and gone was the nagging cough that just wouldn't go away.  Well, it did go away and I hope I never see it again.

I've kept my word thus far and I've taken my daily multivitamins ah... daily.  I did intend to start doing the ups afterwards.  That promise to myself I've faltered on like a poorly starting motorcycle.  I did do a set of 10 sit-ups Thursday morning.  But I forgot to do more the rest of the day.  And the next day and the day after that.  But one of these days I'll actually remember and then it will be great.

My friend Tamara came up with the great idea of a bike & brunch. We would gather a bunch of people and bike up to Evanston on Sunday and then have brunch at a restaurant up there.  A bike & brunch? Yes please! I immediately sprung to action and called all my friends with bikes to join us on this awesome idea.  The weather at the inception of the plan was pretty good but the weather was supposed to get worse and worse as the weekend approached.  I kept my fingers crossed that it wouldn't rain.  Sure enough, it didn't rain and although the temperature was in the high 40s, it didn't feel all that bad.

The turnout was better than I hoped.  All together we were a crew of 5; Tamara, Gilley, The Ferg, Bess, and myself.  The ride up north was nice although I had back tire pressure issues on the way.  My biking-in-the-city-fearful-friend Dayna met us at the restaurant.  We had brunch at Le Peep and I recommend the place to anyone.  The food was wonderful.  I treated myself to steak & eggs.  Afterwards we wasted time by browsing and shopping as we digested the enormous amount of food we ate.  All in all, it was a pretty great Sunday afternoon event.

No comments: