Sunday, April 06, 2008

Handlebar Tape

Handlebar Tape After

My handlebar tape on my bike was starting to fall off. I noticed that underneath the tape was this think gel cushion. So when I went to buy new handlebar tape, I bought the ones that came with gel cushions. Perhaps I bought cushions that were thicker than normal? Now my handlebars look massively thick. And the ends have a large amount of electrical tape which indicates that this was my first try at changing the tape. But that's okay. The important part is that I did it myself.

Funny as it may sound, my favorite part in doing this was cleaning the old adhesive off my handlebars. I took my time and made sure I did a good job getting it super clean. All my focus was on the handlebar. It was like I was in a Zen moment. I was at peace and the rest of the world melted away while I focused all my attention to one thing, one task.

No comments: