Thursday, April 10, 2008

Things On My Mind

Last Friday I had a CSz spillover show at the CCPA. It was for two high school groups. They were a great audience - engaged but not too crazy, as some high school groups can get. The show itself was a blast. I also had a good show performance-wise.

One of the groups was a band from Pelican Falls High School in Minnesota. On Sunday CSz members got an email alerting us to a horrible tragedy that befell this high school. Right after our show, they got on their two buses and headed back to their school. Unfortunately, one of the buses crashed just north of Minneapolis and one student was killed; many others were injured. It just blows my mind thinking back on the show. I imagine an ethereal person coming to that show and announcing that one person in that room would not be alive in less than 12 hours. Of course you don't expect those around you to die, and of course you could go any minute, but you never expect it to actually happen. Especially to a 16 yr old. It's so sad.

~~~

Lollapalooza's line-up was announced Monday. I'm underwhelmed.

I'm caught up on ketchup games.

I'm reconnecting with old schoolmates on facebook. It's nice to find out what they're up to but at the same time I don't want to re-enter their lives. That's terrible of me, right?

I'm thinking this year is going to be great. So far things have been pretty good, despite running into exes in January. I visited my friend in Europe already this year. Next weekend I fly to North Carolina to do a Felt show. Next month Pennybear is probably going to LA for a sketch fest there. I really hope we go and that my LA friends come see the show. Especially my aunt and uncle. Then Pennybear will have another run at the Apollo. My parents might even come down to see one of the show! We've also submitted ourselves to the New York Fringe Festival, which I think we have a chance in getting into. We might film some of our sketches, which I think would be fun and help us get more exposure. And I'm motivated to bike more often and be outdoors more. I might even go to the West Town Bike's open shops on Saturdays.

Oh, and I signed up for the MadSkillz workshop at CSz; it's a improv rap workshop run by the Beatbox's Rene. I'm going to be horrible but hopefully I'll have fun at the same time while I'm embarrassing myself with my terrible rhyming and thinking-on-the-fly skills. I'm much more of a pause-while-I-think-of-the-right-term improviser.

No comments: