Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Trip to Raleigh, NC - Part 1

I went to Raleigh, NC this past weekend for an improv festival. It was with the ComedyWorx theater. Being there was great. Getting there was a pain.

I woke up super early on Saturday after 3 hours of sleep and got my things together for my trip. I missed a bus and then waited 20 minutes for another westbound Belmont bus. I got to the Blue line station and just missed an O'Hare bound train. I waited 20 minutes for another train. Once on the train we are made aware that there's Blue line construction going on that weekend. At Harlem, we had to get off the train and board shuttle buses. Then drive slowing to the station in the middle of the construction before being driven to Cumberland to get BACK on a train. Then we rode the train - which went super slow - ONE STOP to O'Hare. I raced to the American Ticket counter but missed the window when I was supposed to check in before departure. Throughout the journey I told myself I should have taken a taxi to the airport. I hate when I'm right. They put me on standby for a flight 2 hours later. I got a seat because somehow there's not much of a demand for flight from Chicago to Raleigh.

The flight was fine expect I had to deal with a hyper 9-year old girl in the seat in front of mine who was traveling alone for some reason. I was also still sick - sinus stuff - and this made the landing tough because the air pressure in my ears built up to a crazy amount as the plane descended.

Raleigh itself was beautiful. The thing that struck me about it from the plane as we were coming in for the landing was how green it was. It was so green. The weather was gorgeous. Low 70s. Slight breeze. No humidity. So great. Jorin picked me up and I crashed - along with a ton of other people - at his mom's place in Raleigh. Before we had to do anything, it was nice to just sit in the veranda/sun back porch of the house and just relax and enjoy the beautiful weather.

No comments: