Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Trip to Raleigh, NC - Part 2

Browsing

To get out of the house and be productive - er, well maybe just to get out of the house - we went to a thrift/antique store. It had 3 floors plus a basement full of knick knacks and crap people no longer wanted. I always feel like my senses are overloaded when I go to those types of places. So much to see and take in; it's too much to process. But it was fun to check out all the old and arcane things on sale.

There was a BBQ at the theater and after that a bunch of us went to the mall to check out more stuff for sale, this time the latest and modern. We got back to the theater just in time to check out the first group of the night. The improv overall throughout the night was better than I expected, which was good. Felt had the last show of the night and our show was good. I'd give it a solid B. It was a well-representative show. People said that the audience enjoyed it, which was nice to hear. After the shows, Rock Band was brought out and people played it throughout the night. The drums were harder than I thought they'd be, mostly because trying to incorporate the pedal along with the regular drums was too much for my mind to handle. The party lasted until 3:30am. I needed to be up at 7:30am to drive to the airport. Ugh.

Jorin once again was a super pal and drove me to the airport. The flight back to Chicago was fine, although I once again had to deal with air pressure build up in my ears as we descended into Chicago. And I had to deal with the Blue line and their love of shuttle buses. But I was back in Chicago and it was relatively warm. Not Raleigh-warm, but warm enough.

No comments: